Sunday, July 15, 2012

We Need a President We Can Trust

Here's a problem the American electorate should have with Mitt Romney:  we don't know what he stands for.  Secrecy surrounds the policies he would promote as President, secrecy surrounds his tax returns and the compensation he may have received for his tenure at Bain Capital when he wasn't in "any management capacity" (although he signed various documents certifying that he did exercise management responsibilities when he wasn't in "any management capacity"), secrecy surrounds what's "really in [his] heart" (but he just can't or won't articulate it). Basically, the American electorate just doesn't know who Mitt Romney is or what he stands for.
.
So what do we think of Mitt Romney?  Will the real Mitt Romney please stand up?

"I was not responsible for what happened at Bain Capital after I left" - Mitt Romney
"I was the sole shareholder, sole Managing Director, Chief Executive O
fficer and President of Bain until I resigned retroactively [huh?] in 2001" - Mitt Romney

"The Arizona immigration policy is a good model" – Mitt Romney
"I didn't really support the Arizona immigration policy" – Mitt Romney

“The Massachusetts healthcare plan should be a model for the nation” – Mitt Romney
“Healthcare reform should be left to the states” – Mitt Romney

"Let Detroit go bankrupt" -Mitt Romney
"I'll take a lot of credit for saving the auto industry" -Mitt Romney

“I believe Roe v Wade has gone too far.” – Mitt Romney
“Roe v Wade has been the law for 20 years ... we should sustain and support it.” – Mitt Romney

“I respect and will protect a woman’s right to choose.” – Mitt Romney
“I never really called myself pro-choice.” – Mitt Romney

“It was not my desire to go off and serve in Vietnam.” – Mitt Romney
“I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and represent our country there.” – Mitt Romney

“I’m not trying to return to Reagan-Bush.” – Mitt Romney
“Ronald Reagan is … my hero.” – Mitt Romney

“I think the minimum wage ought to keep pace with inflation.” – Mitt Romney
"There’s no question raising the minimum wage excessively causes a loss of jobs.” – Mitt Romney

“I saw my father march with Martin Luther King.” – Mitt Romney
“I did not see it with my own eyes.” – Mitt Romney

“I would like to have campaign spending limits.” – Mitt Romney
“The American people should be free to advocate for their candidates without burdensome limitations.” – Mitt Romney

“I supported the assault weapon ban.” – Mitt Romney
"I don’t support any gun control legislation.” – Mitt Romney